08 Apr BTSF ISSB- OIE Workshop – Tunis
Date: 07-09 October 2014
Location: Tunis – TUNISIA
The topics to be discussed during the workshop include:
– Global dimension of animal health
– History and role of OIE
– Elaboration of standards
– Risk analysis / OIE technical and decision making process
– Description and activities of OIE regional commissions
– Interactive exercise on preparation of national and/or regional positions
– Role of OIE regional commissions
– Mock OIE Session: preparation of a representatives’ delegation of OIE Commissions and simulation exercise (based on a case occurred and real scenario)
– De-briefing and conclusions
Tutors will include high level officials coming from national animal health Competent Authorities, with present and past experience on OIE work, and staff members of OIE. Tutors will be supported by the officials from Health and Consumer Directorate General of the European Commission.
Simultaneous interpretation English-French will also be available throughout the workshop.